Thursday, March 30, 2006

Las Jacarandas

The tree known as jacaranda, which flowers at this time of year, is one of my favorites. There are two basic types: the one with light purple flowers and the one with red flowers. While both types have fascinating branch shapes, I much prefer the purplish flowers. When they fall, they form a soft lavender-colored carpet on the ground, and it all looks doubly gorgeous when they fall on bright green grass. Several flowering jacarandas together make a spectacular sight to behold. They also cast very cool shadows. I hope you'll enjoy these photos, which I took at the Instituto Politécnico Nacional (where I work). Although these particular shots were taken a few years ago, it all looks the same right now. I feel so fortunate to be able to see these every day for several weeks!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know too much about Jacarandas but, I can say this: "Jacarandas and Bouganvilleas are the kind of flowers you'll love them no matter what. Their flowers are just beautiful, simple, earthly. Thank you God for these magnificent gifts."