Saturday, January 05, 2008

Reindeer Car

Okay, so one of my plans for 2008 is to update this blog at least twice a week. Here it is January 5th already, and this is just my first post ... buy hey, I'm here! Huffing and puffing and coming in the door at the very last minute, but I am here.

Beginning about a month before Christmas, dh Eddie and I started seeing a car that had little reindeer antlers and a bright red nose affixed to it. We figured its owners must live around here, since we saw it several times. It was the only car like that that we'd ever seen. The originality and whimsy of the thing gave me joy, but I didn't really think too much about the reindeer car until ...

... one day, about a week before Christmas, I was in Walgreen's and found they had some of these "car costumes" (as I later learned they are called) for sale -- and they were 50% off! They must not have been selling like hot cakes if they were on sale, but I snatched one up immediately, literally clasping it to my breast like a treasure while I waited in the check-out line. We put the antlers and red nose on the car a couple of days later and drove around like that until after New Year's. Call me silly, call me goofy, call me tacky, call me over the intercom, but riding in The Reindeer Car was exhiliarating. I feel very lucky to have a husband who not only isn't too embarrassed to have such a thing on the car, but actually enjoys it.

Here's a picture. The antlers would have shown up better against a less-busy background, but hey. (That's Eddie on the right.)

the reindeer car

No comments: