Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Zentangles

Awhile back I heard/read about zentangles, and I've been trying my hand at creating them during the last several days. I've found them to be quite engrossing. An ATC swap for "zentangle newbies" on Swap-bot was just the motivation I needed to start doing these.


Here are the two zentangle ATCs created for that swap and which I mailed out to my partners today. Each one is going to a different person, so this photo is probably the only place they will ever be seen side by side. Kind of like twin babies, these two were created at the same time and with very similar features, but were intended to be individuals. Will they perhaps feel a mystical connection to each other, regardless of where each travels in the world? lol


Below is a zentangle bookmark I created for another swap, and which I will have to mail out in a couple of days. I really, really like this and am loathe to give it up, but I know it is good for me to do so. I guess I'll have to make more!

One side of bookmark:



Other side of bookmark:



If you are unfamiliar with Zentangles, this site will tell you about them.

And I recommend this video regardless of whether or not you are interested in zentangles; it's just delightful to watch and listen to.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

These are GREAT! I've been wanting to try it. Did you use a sharpie marker or ball point pen?