Sunday, July 29, 2007

Mini-stones

So I was thinking today about different things that have happened in my life in the last year and how many months it has been since each one ... these are kind of like milestones but on such a small scale that the term "mini-stones" came to me.

One year ago my Dear Hubby and I were up here in the Chicago area scouting out a place to live, a job, etc. I moved permanently back to the U.S.A. on November 2nd, so the 9-month anniversary of that is coming up very soon. Nine months already? Time sure flies.

I sprained my left ankle very badly on February 23rd of this year, so the 5-month mark for that has just passed. The last time I got a similarly bad sprain (on the same ankle, 12 or 13 years ago), it was at least 6 months before I got back to normal, so I wasn't expecting a particularly swift recovery this time, either. I am happy to report that although I'm still not fully recuperated, I am defininitely out of the woods with my ankle. Yay!

I've been at my current job (cashier at The Home Depot) for nearly 4 months now. I no longer feel stressed out because of not knowing what I'm doing. (Whether that is because I now know what I am doing or because I just learned not to stress about it remains to be seen. :-P)

DH and I got a car nearly a month ago. We'd lived so long without one (decades, in my case) that getting our own little private means of transportion was life-changing. Tomorrow will mark the mini-stone of our return home after the first road trip in this car -- which went wonderfully, thanks be to God.

And so on.

I have much to be thankful for.

No comments: