Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Vote Early, Vote Often

I'm afraid I didn't. Vote early, I mean, or often. Which I guess makes me a breaker of Chicagoland tradition. I am a disgrace to Cook County, Illinois! LOL

I did vote, though -- just once, and at about 3:3o p.m My assigned polling place, a building currently used as a church for the deaf, is only about 50 yards away from home. One other man was there voting at the time. I was offered a choice between a paper ballot and voting by touchscreen; I chose the computer. It was all very easy and over in less than 5 minutes.

voting_primaryelection_02a
Click to enlarge photo.

Dh Eddie went with me to take the photos. Hey, this is only the second time I have voted and the first time that I've done it in person, so it was a big deal! The only other time I had exercised this civic duty was in the 2004 presidential election, where I participated by a mail-in absentee ballot, as I lived in Mexico at the time.

The object I am holding in my hand in the picture below is a sticker that says "I voted!" I have my head covered because it was raining, lightly, at the time.
voting_primaryelection_01a
Click to enlarge photo.

So who did I vote for in this 2008 Primary? I chose to participate using the Republican ballot-- a fact, I understand, which is a matter of public record. More specific than that, I'm not tellin'!

No comments: