Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Robins in the Spring

In honor of our recently-arrived spring, I'm posting this picture I did in 2001. It's done in watercolor pencil outlined in marker, and is entitled Robins in the Spring. (Yes, the bottom robin is the one I have in the graphic right above my profile in this blog.) When I first did this I got the idea of making four different versions of the same tree, one corresponding to each season of the year. I never did get beyond this spring one, though. What do you think -- should I do summer, autumn, and winter, too? Leave a comment if you have an opinion.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture. I hope everyone can have a wonderful spring like your picture depicts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful rhythm in this springtime scene! By the way, is there any significance with three birds and three eggs in the nest?

Robin said...

Thank you both for your nice comments. Ma, I don't remember having had a reason for the numbers of birds and eggs -- other than that was a number that worked visually in this piece.